35 weeks of embarrassment: baby development and changes in women
gestation week: 35 weeks
Equivalent to month: end of 8th month
Equivalent to the days: 239 to 245 days of gestation
In the 35th week of pregnancy, the baby has a smoother face and a less wrinkled skin due to the accumulation of a layer of grease under the skin, which is also covered with a thick layer of vernix caseosa, a substance that protects the baby’s skin from amniotic fluid and infections, and that will act as a lubricant to help him pass through the vaginal canal in the future delivery.
In this phase of embarrassment, the baby is fully formed and moves with the sounds, being possible that the woman feels her movements and, on certain occasions, if she looks at her vision, she can distinguish the contour of a codo, a pie the one from the head.
During this week, women may continue to experience symptoms of shortness of breath, frequent urge to urinate, Braxton-Hicks contractions, or burning sensation in the stomach, and difficulty sleeping and excessive tiredness may arise.
In the 35th week of pregnancy, the baby’s face becomes smoother, the wrinkles disappear and the skin has a pink color instead of red, thanks to the grease that has accumulated under the misma, which will serve to control body temperature after birth. Also, the baby’s skin is covered by a kind of cover called vernix caseosa, which has the function of preventing infections, hydrating the skin and protecting it from the amniotic fluid, and acting as a lubricant to help the baby pass through the vaginal canal in the future part.
The baby can have a lot of hair, and the nails of the hands reach the point of the fingers, without embargo, the feet are not completely developed. Los dos riñones function 100%, as well as the liver, which also manages to exercise its functions, processing substances that the organism does not require.
In this phase of embarrassment, the wall of the uterus becomes thinner, allowing for a greater amount of light, which facilitates the regulation of the cycles of activity during the day and the night and the baby will have eyes and sleep, reacting in intense light.
Despite the fact that you don’t have much space in the uterus, the baby also frequently reacts to the sounds, being able to move or jump when there is a strong noise, a song or the voice of the mother, and it is possible that the woman feels the movements of the mother Baby y, if you mira hacia el vientre, you can distinguish on certain occasions and the contour of a codo, a pie or la cabeza.
Baby size and weight
The size of the fetus at 35 weeks of gestation is around 45.5 centimeters measured from the head to the feet, and about 32 centimeters from the head to the buttocks, being equivalent to the size of a yellow melon. The baby’s weight this week is approximately 2.5 kg.
Changes in the woman’s body
In the 35th week of embarrassment, the woman may have difficulties to sleep due to insomnia due to the size of the vientre, which can make her feel more tired throughout the day.
Asimism, the symptoms of lack of air or frequent breathing difficulties can continue.
In this week of pregnancy, it is also common that the woman presents the symptoms of Braxton-Hicks contractions, acidity or burning sensation in the stomach, the swelling of the legs and pies, especially at the end of the day.
Care during the 35th week
In the 35th week of embarrassment, certain precautions are important to help alleviate any ailments that may arise, such as:
- Difficulty sleeping or insomnia: sleeping with a pillow between the legs and lying on your side or in a position that the woman feels comfortable, helps to reduce the ailments that make it difficult. Furthermore, it is important to create a sleep routine and a quiet and comfortable environment for sleeping, and to avoid sleeping during the day so as not to affect the night sweats;
- Excessive tiredness: rest during the day, if it is possible, or if it is possible to get to bed more early in the evening, it can help to reduce tiredness and increase disposition;
- Sensation of lack of air: sleeping on the right side and changing the position to try to place yourself in the most straight line possible, with the objective of giving your lungs a little more space so that they expand, can help to improve this disease. However, if there is severe shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, rapid breathing or jadeo, pain in the pecho, lips or fingers bluish or numbness of the hands or feet, you should seek medical help immediately or go to the nearest health station ;
- Frequent urges to urinate: It is not necessary to retain the urinary bladder, but leaving it in the bladder can increase the risk of urinary tract infection. Similarly, despite the increase in urinary frequency, which occurs due to the weight of the uterus on the bladder, women should not reduce their water intake, since dehydration increases the risk of premature birth;
- Braxton-Hicks contractions: drinking a vase of water, doing relaxation or deep breathing exercises, or bathing with water tibia for 30 minutes are techniques that can help to alleviate the discomforts of the contractions. In addition, it is recommended to move the body, changing positions or having a light walk, or resting if the woman was very active when the contractions started. However, if the contraction is strong, it is very often accompanied by other symptoms such as pain in the back, vaginal bleeding or liquid flow, you should seek immediate medical help, as the woman may have entered labor. See what are the symptoms of labor;
- Acidity or burning sensation in the stomach: eat in small amounts at intervals of less than 2 or 3 hours, avoid eating or drinking until 3 hours before bed, avoid drinking during meals, place the head of the bed higher and avoid consuming foods that They stimulate acidity, such as fried foods, foods with lots of pepper or very spicy, for example, they can help to alleviate this discomfort. See other tips to relieve acidity during pregnancy;
- Hinchazón en las piernas or en los pies: don’t stay too long and put the feet at a height greater than the body, supporting them when the woman needs to sit down, helps to improve the blood circulation of the piernas and contributes to preventing the swelling of the piernas and the pies. Asimism, practicing exercise regularly, such as walking or swimming, under the guidance of the doctor, can help reduce discomfort. However, if the hinchazón does not improve, it starts suddenly or appears in the hands and on the face, you should go to the doctor immediately, as it could be a sign of preeclampsia. Learn more about the symptoms and treatment of preeclampsia.
During all the embarrassment, it is important to follow the medical recommendations, carry out prenatal consultations, take the folic acid and the supplements indicated and perform physical activities recommended by the obstetrician, as this allows you to control your weight better, improve your health and strengthen your skin. musculature.
In addition, you should drink at least 8 vases of water a day and have a nutritious and balanced diet, which includes fresh fruits and vegetables, to guarantee the supply of essential nutrients for the development of the baby and to help control the weight gain during the embarrassment. See how feeding should be in pregnancy.
Confirm what month you are in by entering your data as follows:
Verified by RJ9823 – Public Utility – cc2.0
Consult a Doctor | Translated by User2937
Content for educational purposes only
The translator user relied on the following text:
Tua Saude Website – REF93782 – Verified
Disclaimer – (English version>) This content has been prepared based on information from research, additional publications, or the translation/verification work of a volunteer editor of this web council. This is a non-profit service. It is strongly recommended that all details and information published be carefully verified. We never allow medication recommendations, medication package inserts or any medication guidance. We never allow partisan politics as information.
Isenção de responsabilidade – (versão em português): Este conteúdo foi preparado com base em informações de pesquisas, publicações adicionais ou no trabalho de tradução/verificação de um editor voluntário deste conselho web. Este é um serviço sem fins lucrativos. É altamente recomendável que todos os detalhes e informações publicadas sejam verificadas cuidadosamente. Nunca permitimos recomendações de medicamentos, bulas ou qualquer orientação sobre medicamentos. Nunca permitimos a política partidária como base para checagem. Para mais informações, leia nossos termos.