How to change the pañal of an encamada adult person (in 8 steps)
The pañal of a person lying in bed must be checked every 3 hours and changed whenever it is succesful with orina or heces, with the purpose of keeping the person comfortable and preventing the emergence of rust in the pañal, better known as pañalitis. For this reason, it is possible to use at least 4 pañales al day thanks to the orina.
Normally, the geriatric pañal, which is easily found in pharmacies and supermarkets, should only be used in bed-ridden people who cannot control their desire to urinate or defecate, as can occur in people who have suffered an ACV, for example. In view of other situations, it is always recommended to try to bring the person to the bathroom first or to use an orinal so that the control of the sphincters is not lost in the long term.
In order to prevent the person from falling out of bed during the change of country, it is recommended that two people do what the bed is leaning against the wall. After that, you must:
- Unplug the pan and clean the genital region with a gas or wet towels, removing most of the damage from the genital area in the direction of the year, to avoid urinary infections;
- fold the panal to quede con la parte externa y limpia voltaada hacia afuera;
- Return to the person to one of the sides of the bed;
- Clean the buttocks and the anal region again with another gas soaked in water and soap or with wet towels, removing the heces with a movement of the genital region towards the year;
- Remove the sucio pañal and place a clean one on top of the bed, next to the buttocks;
- Dry the genital region and the anal region with a dry gas, towel or cotton cloth;
- Apply a special cream to prevent scratching from the skin, like Hipoglós or Bepanthen, to avoid the emergence of irritations;
- Return to the person above the clear and close pan, paying attention to not dejarlo very tight.
If the bed is articulated, it is recommended that it is elevated to the level of the caregiver’s chair and completely horizontal to facilitate the change of floor.
Material needed to change the country
The material needed to change the pañal of a person posted in bed, which must be on hand at the time of replacement, includes:
- 1 clean and dry cloth;
- 1 slingshot or tina with water tibia and jabón;
- Clean and dry gases, towel or cotton cloth.
An alternative to soap soaked in water with soap is the use of wet towels for babies, such as Pampers or Johnson, which can be purchased at any pharmacy or supermarket.
Verified by RJ9823 – Public Utility – cc2.0
Consult a Doctor | Translated by User2937
Content for educational purposes only
The translator user relied on the following text:
Tua Saude Website – REF93782 – Verified
Disclaimer – (English version>) This content has been prepared based on information from research, additional publications, or the translation/verification work of a volunteer editor of this web council. This is a non-profit service. It is strongly recommended that all details and information published be carefully verified. We never allow medication recommendations, medication package inserts or any medication guidance. We never allow partisan politics as information.
Isenção de responsabilidade – (versão em português): Este conteúdo foi preparado com base em informações de pesquisas, publicações adicionais ou no trabalho de tradução/verificação de um editor voluntário deste conselho web. Este é um serviço sem fins lucrativos. É altamente recomendável que todos os detalhes e informações publicadas sejam verificadas cuidadosamente. Nunca permitimos recomendações de medicamentos, bulas ou qualquer orientação sobre medicamentos. Nunca permitimos a política partidária como base para checagem. Para mais informações, leia nossos termos.