Oat milk: 6 main benefits and how to prepare it at home
Avena milk is a vegetable drink free of lactose, soya and nuts, being an excellent option for vegetarians who suffer from lactose intolerance or allergy to soya or nuts.
This drink can be used in the breakfast with cereals or to prepare pancakes, in the lunches to prepare smoothies and also can be used for the confection of pasteles or sweets, for example.
Avena milk can be purchased at the supermarket, at the natural products stores or can be prepared at home easily and economically.
The benefits of milk from avena include:
- Relieve stress and facilitate digestion thanks to its fiber content;
- Help control diabetesdue to which it provides carbohydrates of slow absorption, which allows to regulate the sugar in the blood;
- Promote weight loss, because it is rich in fibers that help increase the feeling of satiety and provide fewer calories. Always and when included in a healthy and low-calorie diet;
- Help to lower cholesterolBecause it is rich in a type of fiber called beta-glucan, it lowers blood cholesterol levels and, in turn, poses the risk of suffering serious heart diseases, such as a heart attack or stroke;
- Can be used by people with celiac or gluten sensitivity, although the avena is gluten free, it can be processed in industries that contain grains with gluten, contaminating itself. In these cases, it is important to check the nutritional label of the product, which should indicate that it is “gluten free or gluten free“.
Furthermore, it could help to relax the body because it contains phytomelatonin, which promotes a good night’s sleep, being a food especially suitable for those who suffer from insomnia.
Nutritional information on avena milk can be found in the following table:
|components||Quantity in 100 g of oat milk|
It is important to mention that to obtain all the benefits mentioned above, oat milk must be included in a balanced and healthy diet. In addition, the milk you buy at the supermarket must be fortified with calcium, vitamin D and other nutrients.
How to prepare leche de avena at home
To prepare homemade oat milk you need:
- 2 cups of oatmeal in hojuelas;
- 3 cups of water.
Put the oatmeal in the water and leave it in removal for 1 hour. Luego, licuar la mezcla until it is homogeneous. Paste with a necklace or a muslin cloth and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can add a few drops of vanilla essence to make the flavor more pleasant.
Verified by RJ9823 – Public Utility – cc2.0
Consult a Doctor | Translated by User2937
Content for educational purposes only
The translator user relied on the following text:
Tua Saude Website – REF93782 – Verified
Disclaimer – (English version>) This content has been prepared based on information from research, additional publications, or the translation/verification work of a volunteer editor of this web council. This is a non-profit service. It is strongly recommended that all details and information published be carefully verified. We never allow medication recommendations, medication package inserts or any medication guidance. We never allow partisan politics as information.
Isenção de responsabilidade – (versão em português): Este conteúdo foi preparado com base em informações de pesquisas, publicações adicionais ou no trabalho de tradução/verificação de um editor voluntário deste conselho web. Este é um serviço sem fins lucrativos. É altamente recomendável que todos os detalhes e informações publicadas sejam verificadas cuidadosamente. Nunca permitimos recomendações de medicamentos, bulas ou qualquer orientação sobre medicamentos. Nunca permitimos a política partidária como base para checagem. Para mais informações, leia nossos termos.