7 tips to fight muscle fatigue
A way to combat muscle fatigue just after training is to bathe with cold water, take a bath or a swimming pool with cold water or even enter the sea, staying there for at least 20 minutes. The cold temperature will decrease the diameter of the blood vessels and combat swelling, favoring venous return, improving muscle contraction and combating fatigue.
However, if the training lasted more than 24 hours, you could opt for hot compresses in the region where pain is being produced, bathe with hot water and/or perform a massage to relax the muscles, for example. In addition, it is important to adopt certain precautions, such as warming up before training and resting at least 1 day between each training, so that the body and muscles have time to recover.
Muscle fatigue is characterized by muscle fatigue after intense physical exertion, especially without following a trainer at the gym or when not enough rest after exercise. Also, the lack of carbohydrates before training can cause muscle fatigue, because the muscle does not have enough energy during physical exertion, preventing the individual from performing efficiently which causes an injury.
7 tips to fight muscle fatigue
After a training it is normal to feel muscle fatigue, but the muscle gets tired thanks to the effort carried out during the exercises. To relieve muscle pain, which can appear 24 or 48 hours after training, you can do the following:
- Use a thermal bag as a hot compress: makes the blood vessels dilate, increasing the flow of blood in the region, relaxing the muscles and, therefore, decreasing the pain;
- Take a hot bath: the heat helps to relax the muscles, relieving muscle pain;
- Receive a massage with an ointment or aerosol, like the Voltaren or Bengay: the massage promotes the relaxation of the muscles and, consequently, the relief of the muscular pain. The ointments are analgesic and anti-inflammatory, which reduces pain, and thanks to their menthol content, they cause a sensation of freshness and relief;
- Rest 1 day between each training: helps the muscles and the body to recover from training;
- Always do warm-up exercises at the beginning of training: heating exercises prepare the muscles for training, reducing the risk of muscle injuries;
- Always stretching at the end of the training: The stretches help to reduce pain after training and accelerate muscle recovery. You can also opt for a self-massage with foam roller (myofascial release).
- Alternate the exercises in each training: for example, if today the training includes only arm exercises, the next one should include leg exercises. This allows muscle recovery, favors muscle growth and prevents injury risk.
Apart from these precautions, it is important that the exercises are guided by a trainer at the gym so that muscle hypertrophy occurs in a shorter period of time.
What to eat to fight muscle fatigue
Food is fundamental before training, it provides the necessary energy to the muscles for exercise; and after training, which helps recovery and muscle growth.
before the training
Ingest carbohydrates, such as a bowl of any fruit or a milkshake with soy or rice, 20 to 30 minutes before training to provide energy to the muscles. See more details on what to eat.
After the training
Ingest proteins, such as yogurt, bread with cheese or tuna salad, for example, at most 30 minutes after training to help muscle recovery and growth.
It is also important to drink water during the training to replace the amount of water lost and improve muscle contraction, avoiding calambes. See more details about what to eat after training.
Verified by RJ9823 – Public Utility – cc2.0
Consult a Doctor | Translated by User2937
Content for educational purposes only
The translator user relied on the following text:
Tua Saude Website – REF93782 – Verified
Disclaimer – (English version>) This content has been prepared based on information from research, additional publications, or the translation/verification work of a volunteer editor of this web council. This is a non-profit service. It is strongly recommended that all details and information published be carefully verified. We never allow medication recommendations, medication package inserts or any medication guidance. We never allow partisan politics as information.
Isenção de responsabilidade – (versão em português): Este conteúdo foi preparado com base em informações de pesquisas, publicações adicionais ou no trabalho de tradução/verificação de um editor voluntário deste conselho web. Este é um serviço sem fins lucrativos. É altamente recomendável que todos os detalhes e informações publicadas sejam verificadas cuidadosamente. Nunca permitimos recomendações de medicamentos, bulas ou qualquer orientação sobre medicamentos. Nunca permitimos a política partidária como base para checagem. Para mais informações, leia nossos termos.