8 Benefits of cooking and cooking (recipes included)
Garbanzo is a legume from the same group of beans, soybeans and guisantes, which is characterized by being an excellent source of calcium, protein, fiber and tryptophan.
As they are very nutritious, their consumption in small portions and together with a balanced diet could provide several health benefits, preventing the emergence of chronic diseases, such as diabetes or cancer.
Los garbanzos could provide several benefits for health, such as:
- Help reduce cholesterol absorption in the intestine, as it is rich in antioxidants, saponins and soluble fibers, avoiding the risk of suffering cardiovascular diseases;
- Strengthen the immune system, it provides vitamin E and A, in addition to being rich in zinc, being these essential nutrients to increase the body’s defenses;
- Help maintain muscle health because it is rich in proteins, being an excellent option for those who do not consume proteins of animal origin, it provides a large part of the essential amino acids for the organism;
- Help fight depression, by containing tryptophan, an amino acid that stimulates the production of hormones of the bienestar; and zinc, a mineral that is affected during this condition;
- Improve intestinal transitsince it is rich in fibers, which favors the increase in the volume of the heces and also improves the intestinal movements, thus improving the stress;
- Help regulate the blood sugardue to which it provides fibers and proteins, which help to keep glycemia under control;
- Help prevent anemiafor being rich in hierro and folic acid, being an excellent option for the embarazadas women;
- Maintain the health of people and patientsit provides calcium, phosphorus and magnesium, essential micronutrients to prevent diseases such as osteoporosis or osteopenia.
In addition to this, the consumption of garbanzos could also favor weight loss, as it increases the feeling of satiety, thanks to its fiber and protein content.
Likewise, it could help prevent certain types of cancer, as they contain saponins, which have cytotoxic activity, stimulating the immune system and destroying malignant cells; as well as other antioxidants, which prevent the damage that causes free radicals to the cells.
See more about what are the saponins and their benefits for health.
The following table contains the nutritional information of 100 g of cooked garbanzos:
|Vitamin A||4 mcg|
|Vitamin E||1.1 mcg|
It is important to mention that to obtain all the benefits mentioned above, the garbanzos must be included in a balanced and healthy diet. The recommended serving is 1/2 cup of garbanzo, especially for those people who do not want to gain weight, which is in a regime to slim down.
How to cook garbanzos
To cook the garbanzos, place them in an oven and cover them with water, leaving them in removal during the night (8 to 12 hours approximately), this will help to hydrate and soften them so that they take less time to cook. It is possible to add 1 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate to help with the process.
The next day, you can prepare a dish with the condiments that you want to use, add the garbanzos to remove them and put them in a double amount of water, cook them in a high heat until they are hot and then reduce to medium heat, cooking them for approximately 45 minutes until is totally tiernos.
The quickest option to cook them is using a pressure cooker, if you have them at home, in this way they could be cooked directly for approximately 1 hour; If you leave in remojo, just a few minutes will be enough for you to be ready.
The garbanzos can be used to prepare soups, stews, salads, cremas such as hummus or to substitute meat in vegetarian diets, being able to prepare hamburgers, albóndigas or falafel, for example.
1. Revenue from hummus
- 1 small can of cooked garbanzos;
- 1/2 cup of sesame paste;
- 1 lemon yoke;
- 2 peeled garlic teeth;
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil;
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper;
- Chopped perejil.
Drain the liquid from the garbanzo cooked and drain it with water. Grind the garbanzo until it forms a paste and add the rest of the ingredients (except for the perejil and the olive oil) and blend until it has a desired texture (if it is too thick, add a little water). Add the perejil and sprinkle with olive oil before serving.
2. Garbanzo salad
- 250 g of garbanzos;
- Chopped Aceitunas;
- 1 cucumber, cut into cubes;
- ¼ of chopped onion;
- 2 diced tomatoes;
- 1 grated zanahoria;
- Salt, oregano, pepper, vinegar and olive oil to taste for seasoning.
Mix all ingredients and season as desired.
3. Garbanzo soup
- 500 g of precooked garbanzos;
- 1/2 pepper;
- 1 garlic clove;
- 1 medium onion;
- 1 sprig of fresh cilantro, chopped;
- Papa and zanahoria cut into cubes;
- A salt and pepper pizza to taste;
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil;
- 1 liter of water.
Cut the lines and suffer them in a pot with olive oil. The continuation, add el agua, la papa, la zanahoria y los garbanzos, cook a medium fire until the papa y la zanahoria are ablanden. Season to taste and add chopped fresh cilantro.
Verified by RJ9823 – Public Utility – cc2.0
Consult a Doctor | Translated by User2937
Content for educational purposes only
The translator user relied on the following text:
Tua Saude Website – REF93782 – Verified
Disclaimer – (English version>) This content has been prepared based on information from research, additional publications, or the translation/verification work of a volunteer editor of this web council. This is a non-profit service. It is strongly recommended that all details and information published be carefully verified. We never allow medication recommendations, medication package inserts or any medication guidance. We never allow partisan politics as information.
Isenção de responsabilidade – (versão em português): Este conteúdo foi preparado com base em informações de pesquisas, publicações adicionais ou no trabalho de tradução/verificação de um editor voluntário deste conselho web. Este é um serviço sem fins lucrativos. É altamente recomendável que todos os detalhes e informações publicadas sejam verificadas cuidadosamente. Nunca permitimos recomendações de medicamentos, bulas ou qualquer orientação sobre medicamentos. Nunca permitimos a política partidária como base para checagem. Para mais informações, leia nossos termos.