Postración: How to move a layered person (in 9 steps)
Lifting a bedridden person or an individual who has undergone surgery and needs to remain at rest can be simple if they follow the proper techniques, which can help on the ground to exercise less force and avoid injuries to the caregiver’s back, bell also to increase the comfort and the comfort of the person posted in bed.
People who are in bed for many hours a day need to be lifted regularly to avoid muscle and joint atrophy, as well as to prevent the appearance of heridas in the skin, known as bedsores.
One of the secrets to not regret is to flex the rodillas and always exercise strength with the legs, avoiding forcing the column.
steps to follow
The procedure to raise a layered person in an easy and less effortless way can be summarized in the following 9 steps:
1. Place the side of the lane with the blocked lanes beside the bed or lean an armchair on the wall so that it does not move.
two. Drag the person, next to the bed, on the edge of the bed, putting their arms under their body.
3. Place an arm under your back, at the height of your shoulders.
4. With the other man, subject your armpit and sit with the person in the bed. For this step, the caregiver must keep the back straight and flex the legs, extending them while lifting the person until she is seated.
5. Keep the hand supporting the person’s back and bring his/her rodillas outside, moving it so that the same remains seated with the legs suspended on the edge of the bed.
6. Drag the person to the edge of the bed so that their feet are supported in the suelo. Attention: to guarantee security, it is very important that the bed does not slide back; reason why if the misma has wheels, it is indispensable to block them. On the other hand, in cases where the floor allows the bed to roll down, it is possible to try to lean back on the opposite side of the bed, for example.
7. Embrazar a la persona por under his arms and, without letting him acueste nuevamente, support him from behind, subjecting the hem of his pantalones. However, if it is possible, you should ask the person to hold on to the cuello of the individual who is lifting it, intertwining the hands.
8. Raise the person even while moving their body towards the side of the wheels or armchair, posing it on the seat in the most smooth and slow possible way.
9. In order for the person to feel more comfortable, you should adjust your position near the seat or the armchair, passing your arms to your surroundings, like a hug.
Ideally, the person should move from bed to bed and vice versa every 2 hours, staying in bed only at bedtime.
For the general, the silla de ruedas or the armchair must be placed next to the head on the side where the person has more strength. For example, if the individual has an ACV and is present more strength on the right side of the body, the silla must be located on the right side of the bed, and the lifting must be carried out on this side.
Verified by RJ9823 – Public Utility – cc2.0
Consult a Doctor | Translated by User2937
Content for educational purposes only
The translator user relied on the following text:
Tua Saude Website – REF93782 – Verified
Disclaimer – (English version>) This content has been prepared based on information from research, additional publications, or the translation/verification work of a volunteer editor of this web council. This is a non-profit service. It is strongly recommended that all details and information published be carefully verified. We never allow medication recommendations, medication package inserts or any medication guidance. We never allow partisan politics as information.
Isenção de responsabilidade – (versão em português): Este conteúdo foi preparado com base em informações de pesquisas, publicações adicionais ou no trabalho de tradução/verificação de um editor voluntário deste conselho web. Este é um serviço sem fins lucrativos. É altamente recomendável que todos os detalhes e informações publicadas sejam verificadas cuidadosamente. Nunca permitimos recomendações de medicamentos, bulas ou qualquer orientação sobre medicamentos. Nunca permitimos a política partidária como base para checagem. Para mais informações, leia nossos termos.